Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) will be presenting a short course on Liquefaction Analysis & Seismic Remediation of Dams on October 1 at GeoOttawa 2017, the 70th Canadian Geotechnical Conference and the 12th Joint CGS/IAH-CNC Groundwater Conference.
This course will include an overview of seismic hazard analysis and liquefaction assessments related to dam design, operation and maintenance. The course will include a discussion of site characterization, hazard assessment, liquefaction triggering analysis, deformation analysis and the characterization of the consequences of liquefaction. Ground improvement and remedial measures will also be discussed, along with dam remediation case histories.
- Bill Chin, P.Eng., Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Principal, KCB
- Rick Friedel, P.Eng., Staff Consultant, Principal, KCB
- Georgia Lysay, P.Eng., Director Tailings & Water, Freeport-McMoRan
- Dr. Joe Quinn, P.Eng., Geotechnical Engineer, Associate, KCB
- Dr. Tareq Salloum, P.Eng., Senior Engineer, Dam and Public Safety, Ontario Power Generation
- Neil Singh, P.Eng., Staff Consultant, Principal, KCB
- Keith Viles, P.Eng., Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Associate, KCB
KCB is proud to be a Platinum Sponsor of GeoOttawa 2017.
Click here to register for the short course.