Vancouver, B.C. – Klohn Crippen Berger is proud to release its 2015 Sustainability Report. Our theme this year is The Road to Resiliency. In our fourth report we share highlights from our sustainability journey in 2015. Our direction is set by the four pillars of sustainability; social, environmental, economic and governance. As we build on our sustainable business practices we become more resilient as a company allowing us to better serve our clients, our employees and the communities we operate in.
“The resource sectors we serve have been hit hard the last few years. The downturn in commodity prices; the boom in infrastructure work; tailings dam failures; and natural disasters like the Fort McMurray fires create challenging conditions for our clients and society in general,” said Len Murray, President and CEO. “We remain committed to making progress on our sustainability journey and at times like these we are reminded of the importance of resiliency. Our systems provide us with a solid roadmap but it’s up to each and every one of our staff to travel down the path we are forging. You will see in this year’s report that we’ve made great progress thanks to their commitment.”
Highlights of the 2015 Report Include:
- Certification of an Envision Sustainability Professional with the Institute of Sustainable Infrastructure
- Certification of a TSM Verification Service Provider with the Mining Association of Canada
- Continued commitment to diversity. Calgary’s Women-in-Klohn group received APEGA’s Women in Engineering and Geoscience Champion Award in 2016.
- Supported several long term studies to advance technology and methodology in the industry
- Obtained BC Certificate of Recognition (COR) from the British Columbia Construction Safety Alliance
- Finalist for the Australian National Safety Awards of Excellence
- Developed green purchasing guidelines
About Klohn Crippen Berger
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is an international engineering, geoscience and environmental consulting firm with ten offices in strategic locations in Canada, Peru, Australia and Brazil. We have a strong reputation for quality and technical excellence in a range of services including mining, power and transportation, water resources, oil sands, environmental, and oil and gas.
Kathy Fowler, CMP
Manager, Marketing and Sustainability