Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is looking for Intermediate and Senior Geotechnical Engineers with experience in dams and hydroelectric facilities; and in transportation infrastructure, to work on hydroelectric and transportation projects in a multi-discipline team environment. KCB is looking for technically strong Geotechnical Engineers that also exhibit good management and organizational skills.
The successful candidates will be responsible for developing cost effective, practical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients. KCB offers the opportunity for individuals to grow within and be a part of a dynamic company that strives to ensure satisfaction is attained by employees and clients alike in work well done.
Duties will include:
• Working with diverse teams of discipline engineers, designers and drafters from conceptual design through preliminary and final design and construction engineering
• Acting as a technical resource within their project team(s)
• Reporting progress to our clients and to our senior management at regular intervals
• Member of site visit teams, gathering information to complement the related design activities
• Maintaining quality throughout projects, implementing improvements when determined; and
• Preparing regular project summary reports
The ideal candidates will have:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering, with minimum 8 to 10 years of broad-based experience, including a track record of solid results in hydroelectric or transportation engineering
• P.Eng. or P.E. registration with eligibility for registration in
• Experience in design and construction of foundations and tunnels for large hydroelectric structures on weak foundations; or
• Seismic geotechnical design experience for highways and bridges
• In-depth knowledge of most facets of geotechnical design, from either a Consultant’s perspective or from an Owner’s perspective
• Ability to understand and interface with civil, structural and mechanical disciplines
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective verbal and written communications skills in English, with demonstrated competence in technical report writing
• Computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Computer proficiency with geotechnical software including dynamic and soil-structure interaction analyses
• Ability to travel within
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with three major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary & Edmonton, Alberta;
KCB’s Power and Transportation Group provides mechanical and electrical systems design for heavy industrial projects. Disciplines include mechanical, electrical, structural, geotechnical engineering and project management services to clients in a variety of sectors.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply via our website: www.klohn.com, job number 755-P11.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview