Senior Geotechnical Engineers - Mining Environmental Group
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) Sudbury operation requires Senior Geotechnical Engineers to support the substantial growth of our Mining Environmental Group across Canada, Australia, the Pacific and South East Asia. We have world class projects underway in the
As a follow-on to the design, construction and commissioning of their award winning water management structures for a large urban tailings disposal facility, KCB Sudbury is currently engineering major improvement works for about 20 dam projects across Canada, Australasia and South America. Engineering of facilities to allow mine closure and promote reclamation also form a large component of the work of the
The successful candidates will:
· Have a minimum 7 years of relevant experience in earth dams, water management and tailings.
· Be proficient with engineering modeling programs, site investigations and characterization, slope stability and seepage analytical software.
· Have experience in geotechnical exploration programs and earthworks projects.
· Have a Bachelor’s degree in related Civil/Geotechnical fields, Masters is an asset.
· Eligible to register as a P.Eng. with
· Have good contract administration and project management skills.
· Have the ability to lead technical teams and provide project strategy and direction to their team and client.
· Have a record of excellent project management on projects of varied scopes.
· Have excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication skills in English, and the ability to work with and lead a team of professionals. Spanish speaking skills would be an asset.
· Enjoy the opportunity and ability to supervise, train and mentor junior staff.
· Sustain client relationships and develop new business.
· Be available to travel within domestically and internationally, occasionally in remote and varying environments sometimes with limited communications and logistical support, always with unique challenges.
· Show comprehension and application of strong business ethics and health, safety and environmental principles. Previous consulting experience is an asset.
· Be the best in the business.
This position offering unique technical challenges and great opportunity for involvement in a number of world class projects. An excellent opportunity for an experienced professional with genuine management prospects with one of
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in
From Sudbury, our main regional office in Ontario, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Vancouver, BC, Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta; Lima, Peru; and Brisbane and Perth, Australia. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied and there are opportunities for travel (in
If this position is of interest to you, please apply via our website: www.klohn.com, job number 778-M11.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.