Intermediate Biologist - Klohn Crippen Berger Job Opportunity
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) requires an Intermediate Biologist to support expansion of the Company’s environmental consulting services. Knowledge and experience with baseline development, environmental impact assessments, environmental effects monitoring, habitat assessments, and Provincial, Federal and/or international permitting processes is required. The work will involve a strong commitment to business development and client relations and expanding technical excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology/Environmental Science
- Registered or eligible to register as a R.P.Bio
- 5+ years experience in environmental work in at least two of the following sectors: mining, oil sands, oil and gas, hydroelectric, transportation, land development, municipal infrastructure
- A working knowledge of Provincial and Federal Environmental Legislation
- Proven ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages e.g. Spanish are an asset)
- Demonstrated report writing skills
- Track record as an effective team player
- Availability to travel within Canada and Internationally and to work flexible hours as project requirements dictate
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with three major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. Klohn Crippen Berger is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary & Edmonton, Alberta; Sudbury, Ontario; Lima, Peru; and Brisbane and Perth, Australia. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for travel (in Canada as well internationally). We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
If you’re interested in this position, please apply via our website: www.klohn.com, job number 781-M11.
We thank all candidates for applying. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.