Financial Systems Analyst - Klohn Crippen Berger Job Opportunity
The Vancouver office of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) has an immediate opening for a Financial Systems Analyst to provide high quality service to KCB business areas. Service will involve gathering business requirements for developing and/or improving financial systems designs, developing and testing solutions, managing changes, troubleshooting problems and responding to user requests. There is also an ongoing need to streamline processes and improve upon existing financial reporting solutions. A track record of successful financial system implementations, system improvements and upgrades is desirable.
- Scope is primarily to champion the development and continuous improvement of BST Enterprise, the company’s project and general ledger system and related portals. However a key responsibility is providing day-to-day support to BST users for “how to” questions, data corrections and maintenance, system modifications and enhancements, new reports, interface issues and training.
- The position will also be involved with financial reporting, payroll, vendor and banking systems.
- Support the development and implementation of common processes, systems, standards, documentation, and procedures; improve efficiency and automation of accounting and reporting processes. Proactively analyze financial systems and address potential problems.
- Develop project schedules and help facilitate the delivery of projects on-time and within budget and scope; effectively communicate progress, issues and financial status in a timely manner.
- Liaise with sub-consultants according to agreed timetables and deliverables.
- Ensure project, process analysis, system and user documentation is complete, accurate and timely. Provides or arranges training for employees as appropriate.
- Assist user groups with developing financial system improvement plans that are aligned with KCB’s strategic objectives and balances Corporate and Business Unit needs.
- Extract maximum value from technology already in place and also help identify innovative solutions to business challenges.
- Consults and coordinates with the Information Technology group and other internal experts and stakeholders on various projects.
- Protects corporate assets and maintains a sound internal control environment; evaluates, implements and communicates company financial policy and procedures to all staff and ensures compliance.
- Develops effective relationships with IT, user groups and management.
- Ensures services and products are of the highest professional quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelors degree. Accounting designation/experience and project management certification desirable.
- 5-7 years of financial systems design and implementation projects, including migration from development through test and into production environments. Experience with professional services financial applications a plus.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills. Impeccable written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and a bias for action. Organized and attentive to detail and report quality. Hands-on and deadline oriented work style.
- Innovative, creative and energetic; seeks opportunities to improve efficiency and apply technology effectively. Up-to-date with current developments.
- Solid business acumen – able to understand and assess business needs.
- Excellent time management and able to multi-task.
- Familiarity with project accounting systems and BST Enterprise System an asset.
- Previous experience in accounting and/or with a professional services/engineering firm is preferred.
- Proficient in financial accounting systems. Strong Personal Computer working capabilities in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power point), Adobe Acrobat, Visio and basic Windows environment.
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with three major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, mining, oil sands, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. Klohn Crippen Berger is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named as one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed companies.
Headquartered in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, KCB is involved in projects around the world supported by offices in Calgary & Edmonton, Alberta; Sudbury, Ontario; Lima, Peru; and Brisbane and Perth, Australia. At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Candidates interested in applying must do so via our website: www.klohn.com, job number 829-C11.
We thank all candidates for applying. However, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.