JUNIOR SITE ASSESSMENT & REMEDIATION SCIENTIST/ENGINEER
From our offices in Calgary, Lloydminster, Ft. McMurray and Inuvik, KCB's Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the oil sands developments, in the onshore and offshore oil and gas industry, and in traditional mining, infrastructure and water resources markets. Our projects include all aspects of tailings management, dam designs, pipelines, offshore drilling islands, plant site foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, environmental and reclamation services.
This role provides opportunities in site assessment and remediation projects for upstream and downstream producing and abandoned oil and gas facilities and for infrastructure projects. Under the supervision of a Project Manager, the successful candidate will primarily be responsible for:
· Conducting environmental site assessments (including soil, groundwater, and surface water sampling) for the oil and gas industry. Projects will involve lease abandonment and decommissioning, as well as spill sites.
· Completing fieldwork for on-going environmental monitoring projects (may include soil, groundwater, surface water, waste, and/or air monitoring).
· Field supervision of subcontractors. This will require a diligent and safety-conscious individual.
· Assisting in report writing and client-related administrative tasks (regular project documentation, data entry, cost tracking, etc.).
· Maintenance of key client relationships.
Field work is a key consideration for this position. Field work at remote sites will be required and commitments of up to three weeks in the field can be expected.
Our technical services include soil, groundwater and vegetation assessments, and remedial designs for contaminated sites. The project work is largely centered in Alberta, but from time to time may include project work elsewhere in North America, South America and Australia.
Training we need you to have:
· Bachelor's degree in Agrology, Hydrogeology, Engineering Geology, Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering, or, an appropriate Technology qualification appropriate to the work description
· 1 to 2 years experience in site assessment, remediation and reclamation in the oil and gas industry in Canada. Alberta experience is preferential, but not a pre-requisite.
Experience and abilities we need you to have:
· Experience in the Phase I, II, III site assessment and reclamation process and familiarity with the relevant site assessment regulations and guidelines for Alberta
· A proven ability to work with project teams
· Good communication skills
· Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally
· Eligible for registration with the Alberta Institute of Agrologists, Biologists, APEGGA, or ASET.
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. KCB is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Lloydminster, Ft. McMurray, Saskatoon and Inuvik, KCB's Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the onshore and offshore Oil and Gas industry, Oil Sands developments, and in our traditional Mining, Infrastructure and Water Resources markets. Our projects include all geotechnical and geological aspects of pipeline design and maintenance, oil and gas facilities and operations support. KCB is also a leader in tailings management, dam designs, offshore drilling islands, plant site foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical and environmental reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 936-A12.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.