We have immediate openings for qualified Junior or Intermediate Geotechnical Engineers to work on a wide range of projects. Successful candidates will join a dynamic company of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and environmental services. Initiative, enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence are all important qualities of our team members. This position is based out of our Calgary office.
· 3+ years related experience in some or all of the following: site exploration, tailings dam design, mine and/or tailings planning, mine pit slope design, embankment dams, and earthworks design
· Bachelors degree in related Civil/Geotechnical fields, Masters is an asset
· Registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Canada
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (other languages e.g. Spanish are an asset)
· Demonstrated report writing skills and solid contract administration and project management skills
· Track record as an effective team player with good interpersonal skills
· Availability to travel within Canada and Internationally
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia and Peru. KCB is a member of the Louis Berger Group, a leading international consulting firm with more than 80 offices worldwide. KCB was recently named one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies.
From our offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Lloydminster, Ft. McMurray, Saskatoon and Inuvik, KCB's Alberta Group works on challenging projects in the onshore and offshore Oil and Gas industry, Oil Sands developments, and in our traditional Mining, Infrastructure and Water Resources markets. Our projects include all geotechnical and geological aspects of pipeline design and maintenance, oil and gas facilities and operations support. KCB is also a leader in tailings management, dam designs, offshore drilling islands, plant site foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical and environmental reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 954-A12.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.