Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) conducted groundwater level monitoring and sampling of monitoring wells and surface water bodies at various locations around the Hangingstone steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) facility. There are currently 36 monitoring wells and four surface water sampling locations in the monitoring network. KCB has overseen the advancement of 149 boreholes as part of the compliance soil management programs, including 3 excavations of impacted soil. KCB advanced an additional 69 boreholes as part of the soil monitoring program in 2013.
- Aquifer testing
- Sampling of deep monitoring wells
- Design and submission of revised compliance groundwater monitoring plan
- Soil remediation
- Soil monitoring program
- Soil management program
- Soil data gap analysis
- Groundwater and surface water monitoring of compliance network
- Annual water use license reporting
- Implementation and maintenance of groundwater database.
- Installation and decommissioning of monitoring wells
- Annual groundwater reporting
- Baseline geotech site investigations for expansion
- Cost estimates