The Millennium Minerals Ltd’s Nullagine Gold Project is located in the Pilbara region of northwestern Australia. KCB has been commissioned to undertake a range of hydrogeological investigations at the site from feasibility to mine operation.
KCB has provided the following services at the project site:
- Baseline characterisation including drilling monitoring bores, installation, nested piezometers installation and groundwater sampling.
- Evaluation of mine dewatering requirements and mine water inflows, including building and calibrating a numerical groundwater model (Visual MODFLOW).
- Desktop hydrogeological assessment of the satellite deposits, identifying future investigation / modelling requirements.
- Provision of supporting information to MML for regulatory approvals for groundwater abstraction.
- Development of a project Water Management Plan to assess the current supply-demand balance, reviewing bore yields, ore processing and recycling fluxes over time to determine if and when additional water supplies may be needed. An analytical tool was provided to MML for future in-house assessment of the supply-demand balance.
- Supervision of drilling and installation of additional water supply bores. This included identifying suitable drill target sites using geophysics, as well as test drilling.