KCB takes an integrated approach to closure. Our team is made up of engineers, environmental scientists and social and community specialists. We work with companies to ensure that their operations leave behind an enduring positive legacy in the community.
Reclamation and closure planning is routinely incorporated into feasibility studies, operating plans, due diligence assessments and many other areas of our work. KCB provides a broad range of services to assess pre-project conditions, effects assessment, long-term physical and chemical stability of structures, design of reclamation and closure measures, and post-closure monitoring requirements.
- Preparation of mine closure plans from concept to implementation
- Assessment of closure requirements and risk assessment
- Alternatives analysis for assessing various mine or project plan options
- Preliminary and detailed closure cost estimates
- Waste characterization and geochemical assessment
- Surface and groundwater assessment and geotechnical engineering design
- Wet and dry cover designs
- Landform evolution assessment
- Passive and active water treatment system design
- Closure auditing and due diligence
- Construction environmental management and monitoring