Intermediate/Senior Geotechnical Engineer
The Lima office of Klohn Crippen Berger S.A. (KCB) is looking for Tailings Engineers to support the growth of our Mining Environmental Group and contribute to our other global operations. KCB’s goal is to assist clients in the assessment, design and development of interesting project across the world, many of which are in extremely challenging environments. We are looking for motivated individuals with experience working collaboratively in multi-disciplinary project teams, managing projects, mentoring and training staff, sustaining excellent client relationships and further developing the business.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Join a dynamic company of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and environmental services
- Work with our team of world recognized tailings engineers
- Lead projects focused on tailings management design with conventional or alternative technologies, dam design, mining geo-structures and operations support
- Prepare and review technical reports, drawings, specifications, bill of quantities, and cost estimates
- Manage and execute project management duties including project reports and presentations
- Develop, train and mentor junior and intermediate level staff
- Support marketing and business development, sustain client relationships and develop new business
- Travel to project sites worldwide, and to other KCB offices in Canada, the US, Australia and Brazil, as well as project sites in Asia and Africa
If you have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering or Engineering Geology, are registered or able to register as a Professional Engineer or related designation, and have over 5 years of direct tailings management or dam experience, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Demonstrated experience working on projects related to tailings management and dam design in the mining industry
- Knowledge and experience with applicable legislation, regulations, guidelines and standards within Peru and internationally. International experience is considered an asset
- High quality verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English. Portuguese is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated client liaison and business development skills
- Project management skills commensurate with years of experience
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
- Availability to travel within Peru and internationally
Klohn Crippen Berger S.A. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB), a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Peru, Brazil, Canada, Australia, the US and the UK.
From Lima, our main regional office in South America, KCB is involved in projects throughout Latin America, including Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Mexico and Panama. We are a leader in tailings management, dam design, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for international travel. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1646-M21.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.