Senior Bridge Engineer
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is expanding its Transportation group and has an attractive opportunity in our Vancouver office for Senior Bridge Engineers. This position offers candidates with the right skills the opportunity to develop within the Transportation group. You will be a part of a dynamic group that strives to ensure both employee and client satisfaction through successful implementation of our clients’ projects.
Initiative, strategic thinking, enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence are all important qualities of our team members. Our teams work collaboratively in a professional environment that allows each member to develop professionally while working on challenging projects.
Current and past projects include: Hwy 407 Phase 2 (Oshawa, ON), Vedder Bridge Replacement, Vedder Road Hwy 1 Interchange (Chilliwack, BC), South Fraser Perimeter Road Hwy 17 Interchange (Near Vancouver, BC), Highway 99 @ 16 Ave Interchange (Surrey, BC) and San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge (California).
While maintaining your technical excellence, this senior role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work effectively with multi-disciplinary and geographically diverse teams
- Actively participate in meetings with team members, project managers, as well as clients
- Lead projects from inception, through the planning process to execution
- Develop our network in the province, including developing teaming arrangements with other consultants, partners and clients
If you are registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have 15+ years of experience in structural planning, design and rehabilitation of bridges and elevated structures and have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil or structural engineering, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- Experience in dealing with the provincial transportation authorities
- Thorough understanding of Canadian and provincial bridge design codes
- High technical competence and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to develop and sustain long-lasting business relationships with clients and partners
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work in a team environment to coach, mentor and motivate staff
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout Canada and internationally
Klohn Crippen Berger has a storied history in bridge design. Together with our in-house geotechnical consulting services, our bridge offering is very attractive to clients. We have a strong backlog on which to grow and develop our valued staff. This is an opportune time for individuals to join the KCB family.
Klohn Crippen Berger is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada’s leading engineering consultants for 70 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, UK and the US. KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1530-P20.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.