The Lima, Peru office of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) requires an Intermediate Hydrogeologist to support the growth of our Mining Environmental Group. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team of Hydrogeologists, servicing clients in mining and non-mining sectors across North America, Australasia, Africa, Europe and South America.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- perform desktop assessments, including data collection, interpretation, site investigation planning and co-ordination
- be a client and regulatory liaison
- supervise field programs including drilling and testing programs, water sampling, field mapping, well completion and contractor management
- undertake project management and client management duties, and complete reports and presentations
- develop, train and mentor junior staff
- support marketing and business development initiatives
- support other projects as required, particularly larger engineering and environmental studies
- travel to project sites worldwide to meet project needs
If you have a Bachelor's degree in Geology, Geoscience or Engineering, are registered or able to register as a Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist in Peru and have a minimum of 5 years of experience, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- experience in hydrogeology encompassing field work, assessment and design, report writing and liaison with clients and regulators
- experience in site investigation design and implementation including well completion, hydrogeological testing, groundwater sampling and contractor management
- experience in permitting and environmental assessment
- practical knowledge of industry-standard analytical and numerical modelling packages. Experience using FEFLOW, MODFLOW, SEEP/w and self-assembled spreadsheet analytical tools is an asset.
- experience in Hydrogeological assessment and design for applications such as: dewatering, seepage mitigation, well-field layout and optimization, baseline and ongoing monitoring programs. Previous experience on mining projects is highly regarded.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish; other languages are an asset, particularly English and Portuguese.
- ability to liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and team members at all levels.
- willingness to travel both domestically and internationally.
This is a position offering unique technical challenges and great opportunity for involvement in a number of world class projects. An excellent opportunity for a professional with genuine management prospects with one of Peru’s strongest consultancies.
Klohn Crippen Berger S.A. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB), a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Peru, Brazil, Canada, Australia, the US and the UK.
From Lima, our main regional office in South America, KCB is involved in projects throughout Latin America, including Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Mexico and Panama. We are a leader in tailings management, dam design, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
At KCB, the project work is challenging and varied, and there are opportunities for international travel. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1532-M20.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.