Intermediate - Senior Civil / Water Engineer
An exciting opportunity exists for an Intermediate - Senior Water Engineer to join our growing team in Perth, working within a highly respected, specialist consultancy with a world-leading reputation in dam engineering for the mining and civil sectors. In this role you will get to work on large-scale world-class projects focussed on civil mining infrastructure and mine water management. You will be provided with excellent technical challenges and the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and geoscience services. This role is growth-focussed and presents the opportunity for an individual to make their mark in the industry.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Undertake conceptual through to detailed engineering investigations and design of civil, water and mining infrastructure including mine waste facilities, water systems, erosion and sediment control structures, water dams, etc.
- Perform dam breach and runout assessments to industry leading standards.
- Undertake hydrological assessments.
- Conduct 1D and 2D hydraulic modelling and design of surface water management systems.
- Participate in risk and failure modes and effects assessments.
- Prepare and technically review engineering reports, drawings, specifications, bill of quantities and cost estimates.
- Undertake project management and client management duties.
- Coach junior and intermediate staff.
- Work closely with clients from concept design through the entire project lifecycle.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and work continually to develop business.
- Work in a wonderful small company culture.
- Travel within Australia and internationally to various field locations.
If you have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on hydrology and hydraulics, and a minimum of 5 years of experience, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a consulting environment.
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in using relevant industry standard software including AutoCad, HEC-RAS, Flo-2D, TuFlow, RORB model, GoldSim, OPSIM, etc.
- Knowledge of Australian guidelines and standards.
- Demonstrated leadership, and management, skills, especially your ability to train and mentor young professionals.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our staff and clients.
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary, 500+ strong consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining and civil sectors.
We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, Peru, USA and UK.
From our offices in Perth and Brisbane, our Australian staff work on challenging projects in the mining, energy and government sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical engineering, surface and groundwater, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015 - 2019).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1536-DX30.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.