Klohn Crippen Berger is looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our expanding team in York, England and work on a range of projects typically related to design and assessment of water and tailings dams.
You will have the opportunity to work with an internationally recognized team on a diverse range of projects such as mine infrastructure and tailings facilty designs from permitting through to closure, hydro-electric and water storage dams designs and assessments, geohazard assessments, transportation engineering, seismic assessments and much more.
KCB continues to be a leader in engineering, geoscience and environmental consulting and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Europe, North America and futher afield. In this role you will help us grow the York Office and advance your career in our One Team culture that builds strong, collaborative and focused teams who enjoy themselves throughout project delivery. We value a winning attitude, a hunger for learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, respectful engagement with our team and our client respresentatives, and a sense of fun.
This role will give you an opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of projects including dam project portfolios and contribute to practical solutions for challenging conditions. Candidates must have a strong background in geotechnical design, with focus on dams, embankments and slopes.
- Lead project designs writing technical reports, development of technical specifications and construction drawings and development of tender packages for major tailings dams, mine waste facilities, containment facilities and mine infrastructure projects.
- Contribute to the development and mentoring of Junior Engineers.
- Build and develop strong relationships with our Clients, our multidisciplinary project teams, sub-contractors and other project stakeholders.
- Work in a wonderful small company culture and receive on-going guidance and mentorship from leaders in the industry in a supportive, dynamic company culture that supports career development.
- Travel within Europe and to various international project locations.
If you are registered or eligible to register as a Chartered Engineer in the UK, have a Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Civil and/or Geotechnical Engineering/Soil Mechanics and a minimum of 5 years experience of related tailings and dam engineering experience in mining, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Experience in soil mechanics and proficiency with field and laboratory testing methods.
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive towards long-term success.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, decision-making and coaching skills, especially your ability to train and mentor young professionals.
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn and travel.
- Being able to work as part of an established team.
- Ability to write high quality technical reports.
- Experience in various design software, such as: Slope/W, Seep/W, AutoCAD, etc.
- Experience with 2D and 3D numerical modeling programs relating to slope stability and deformation analysis such as FLAC.
- Ablity to manage workload to meet Client requirements.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and project teams.
- Strong business acumen and your ability to develop and grow relationships with a variety of clients.
Experience with mine tailings facilty design, geotechnical numerical modeling, critical state theory and/or seismic hazard analysis will be beneficial.
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multidisciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, water resources, transportation, and oil and gas sectors from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, the US and the UK.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada's Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1576-A20.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.