KCB Australia Pty Ltd (KCB) is a team of professionals whose passion is to provide solutions to our clients while reducing potential risks to the wider community and environment. Our clients are predominantly from the resource sector and we have an opportunity for an Engineering Geologist to join our integrated and multi-disciplinary team. If you share our passion, please apply.
As an Engineering Geologist at KCB you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale, world-class projects. KCB’s continued growth will allow you to challenge and grow your engineering geology skills while working with an experienced team. This technical role will provide you with the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and geoscience services.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Contribute to multi-discipline projects by planning, executing and interpreting engineering geological and geotechnical assessments in remote and challenging environments.
- Undertake geotechnical site investigations, and earthworks construction monitoring.
- Carry out conceptual to detailed designs for mine infrastructure.
- Work in a wonderful company culture.
- Travel to interesting project sites.
The ideal candidate(s) should have the following attributes:
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering geology
- A post graduate degree in engineering geology or geotechnical engineering welcomed
- working experience in geo hazard site assessments and geotechnical site investigation; geological and geomorphological field mapping; remote sensing techniques applicable to mapping hazardous terrain; ground model development and construction monitoring.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; other languages are an asset.
- Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally.
We are seeking motivated individuals to apply for the position of Engineering Geologist based in our Brisbane office. This is a hands-on technical role intended to add value to our international engineering geology practice and as part of a well-established engineering consulting team.
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
KCB Australia Pty Ltd (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Brazil and Peru.
Our Australian operations work on challenging projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2021).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1585-DX20 at www.klohn.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.