Civil / Geotechnical Engineer
KCB Australia Pty Ltd (KCB) is a team of professionals whose passion is to provide solutions to our clients while reducing potential risks to the wider community and environment. Our clients are predominantly from the resources sector and we work on both Australian and international projects. KCB has opportunities for Civil and Geotechnical Engineers to join our integrated and multi-disciplinary team based in the Brisbane office. If you share our passion, please apply.
As a Civil or Geotechnical Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale, world-class mining projects including the design and construction of tailings residue and waste storage facilities, water management structures (for example spillways, diversion channels, pipelines, etc.) and other associated infrastructure for the Mining and Energy Resources Sector. KCB continues to grow and has exciting projects which will allow you to challenge and grow your engineering skills. We have a high concentration of experienced engineers, who work directly with our close-knit team. This offers you the opportunity to work with, and learn from, technical professionals and leaders who are highly regarded within their field. This role will provide you with interesting technical challenges and the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering and geoscience services.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Plan, execute, and report on field investigation programs including: desktop reviews, field mapping, test pitting, drilling, sampling, testing and instrumentation installation.
- Perform analysis and design of dams and mine waste management facilities and related infrastructure.
- Prepare engineering reports, drawings, specifications, presentations and bills of quantities.
- Conduct monitoring and supervision of bulk earthworks construction for quality assurance and providing on-the-ground design advice to clients and contractors.
- Support project management and client management duties for projects as required.
- Work in a wonderful smaller company culture
If you are registered, or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Queensland (RPEQ), have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of related experience in the energy, mining or related industries, we want to hear from you! Experience within Australia is preferred.
We value your:
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- Enthusiasm to learn and increase your technical skills and experience.
- Ability to work autonomously and to engage remotely with teams in offices around Australia and overseas
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including your experience in contributing to proposals, technical reports and general project correspondence
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our project teams
- Ability to grow relationships with a variety of clients
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary range 80,000 - 119,999
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Brazil and Peru.
Our Australian operations work on challenging projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2020).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1617-DX20 .
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.