Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
Are you looking for an opportunity to…
- Be a key part of a growing team?
- Work with a group of highly motivated professionals?
- Be mentored and mentor others?
- Leave a positive impact on the environment and communities?
- Develop your critical thinking skills?
- Solve some of the most complex problems faced by the mining industry?
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with high expectations for quality and technical excellence?
- Develop a career that provides a mix of field and office work, with potential opportunities for international travel?
Intrigued? Read on - the details of your next career adventure are below.
What makes us stand out?
Aren’t all consultancies the same? We don’t think so. Our tag line “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. Our staff are inquisitive, curious and dedicated to solving complex problems and our size allows us to draw on colleagues across the globe just as easily as if they were across the hall. In broad terms we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
- our global reputation for technical excellence;
- appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities;
- real access to some of the sectors most amazing talent;
- our size (we’re a mid-sized consultancy);
- the breadth of our multi-disciplinary services; and
- our offices in some of the world’s most beautiful locations.
The right fit – it’s got to be mutual
We recognize that making a career move is a significant personal decision and, from our perspective, building a team of like-minded individuals is an important element to our success.
KCB Fredericton is looking for someone interested in being part of our existing team whose focus is: collaboration within multi-disciplinary project teams for the delivery of construction projects; development and mentorship of each other in construction management and quality assurance; delivery of high-quality geotechnical services; and building and sustaining excellent client relationships.
If you have between five and ten years’ experience in geotechnical engineering and want to be part of a highly motivated group that works with clients to achieve their objectives, while leaving a positive impact on the environment and local communities then KCB is what you are looking for. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in: slope stability and seepage analysis; dam design; earthworks and construction; site investigation; laboratory testing of soils and rock; and quantity estimation. Our clients are primarily mining so past mining experience, specifically related to tailings dams, would be an asset.
Our focus is on mine waste and water management and our clients are some of the largest mining companies in the world. The right candidate will show flexibility and be energized by the prospect of working on sites throughout Canada. Registration as a Professional Engineer, or eligibility to register, is a prerequisite.
Join us and you’ll find we really DO value your mining and tailings management knowledge, project management skills and experience.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé quoting the job reference number 1623-M21.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.