Intermediate or Senior Structural/Civil Engineer
As an Intermediate or Senior Structural / Civil Engineer, you will lead and execute small to large-scale engineering projects from concept through construction and operation. Our portfolio of projects includes water supply dams, tailings dams, river diversion works, hydraulic structures, surface drainage management facilities, irrigation canals, flood protection works, municipal stormwater management infrastructure, hydro power facilities, and slope stabilization and earth retention structures.
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) continues to expand and has an exciting future in several strategic markets in Canada and internationally. Our “One Team Culture” values a winning attitude, continual learning and innovation, adaptability and flexibility, engagement, and having fun.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Work in a respectful and multidisciplinary team environment that fosters professional development and personal growth.
- Grow your capabilities by taking on varying roles and responsibilities on a wide variety of small and large-scale projects as they advance from concept to operation.
- Receive in-house and external training on technical, project management, safety, quality management and business aspects.
- Collaborate with KCB employees from other offices in Canada and from our international offices, on large, technically-complex projects.
- Benefit from unparalleled career growth in a dynamic company committed to high quality engineering, employee and public safety and environmental excellence.
- Travel to project locations, typically in Saskatchewan but also Alberta and other Canadian and international locations.
If you are registered or are eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in Canada, have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering and a minimum of 8 years of work experience in the design and construction of dams, hydraulic structures, and other water infrastructure and civil engineering projects, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Extensive experience in the design, tendering, and construction of water infrastructure and civil works.
- Knowledge of, and experience in the application of the CDA and other dam safety design guidelines and other pertinent technical manuals and best practices related to the design of hydraulic structures.
- Experience in dam safety inspections, dam safety reviews, failure mode and effects assessments, and risk assessments would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the requirements and experience in applying the CSA design codes as well as other pertinent codes, standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Sound user knowledge of structural analyses software programs such as Midas, RISA, SAP, LSDyna, and ability to train others in their use.
- Good understanding of construction sequencing, means, and methods and ability to determine constructability.
- Initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence and continuous improvement.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including experience in contributing to proposals, technical reports, construction specifications, and project correspondence.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills and proven ability to complete project deliverables on time and budget.
- Experience working with multi-discipline project teams and a good understanding of how they fit together on larger, more complex projects.
- Experience administrating construction contracts including submittals review and site inspections.
- Commitment to mentoring and training junior team members.
- Collaborative team approach and ability to build long-term, successful relationships with clients and project teams.
Klohn Crippen Berger (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, water resources, and municipal sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, USA, South America, and United Kingdom.
Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1630-A21.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.