Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
As an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer in our Power & Transportation group you will have the opportunity to work on transportation, hydroelectric, marine and civil infrastructure projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in the Vancouver office you will be responsible for developing cost effective, practical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
You will have excellent opportunities to grow your career with the company, work alongside some of the most talented and knowledgeable professionals in the industry and be part of a dynamic organization that strives to ensure client satisfaction and rewarding careers for our employees.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- work with diverse teams of engineers, designers and drafters from conceptual design through preliminary and final design.
- work on a range of interesting projects, involving design of foundations, infrastructure, slope stability, and geohazards,
- manage challenging design projects.
- plan and execute complex geotechnical investigations.
- participate in construction site visits.
- prepare geotechnical factual and design reports.
- prepare and present technical papers and contribute to advancement of earth science in our area of technical specialization.
- be a role model and technical mentor for our staff.
- travel within Canada and internationally.
Required Education, Experience and Competencies
If you are currently registered or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer in BC, have 5 to 15 years broad-based experience, including on heavy civil projects requiring geotechnical and civil engineering skills, and a Bachelor or Masters degree in Geotechnical or Civil Engineering, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- ability to understand multidiscipline design projects and interface effectively with the various disciplines (environmental, geotechnical, civil-structural, hydrotechnical, electrical and mechanical).
- strong technical design and analytical skills.
- effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- interpersonal skills and ability to effectively lead, manage and motivate project teams.
- excellent organization, planning and execution skills.
- computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products and industry standard tools for technical analyses
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with four major business units providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, geotechnical, oil sands, oil and gas, environmental and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada’s leading geotechnical consultants for over 60 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil and the US.
KCB’s Power and Transportation Group provides multi-discipline engineering services for heavy civil infrastructure projects and clients in a variety of sectors. Disciplines include geotechnical, civil, hydrotechnical, mechanical, electrical, structural and environmental engineering.
Klohn Crippen Berger is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1729-P22. We thank all candidates for applying however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. This position may have opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement.