KCB Australia Pty LTd (KCB) have opportunities for Hydrogeologists to join our integrated and multi-disciplinary team.
KCB is a team of professionals whose passion is to provide solutions to our clients while reducing potential risks to the wider community and environment. As a Hydrogeologist at KCB, you will have the opportunity to work on large-scale, world-class projects, predominantly from the resource sector. KCB’s continued growth will allow you to challenge and grow your hydrogeology skills while working with an experienced hydrogeology team. This technical role will provide you with the opportunity to work closely with other talented professionals committed to delivering high quality geoscience and engineering services.
If you share our passion and are motivated to develop, please apply today.
As a Hydrogeologist with KCB, you will have the opportunity to:
- Undertake hydrogeological assessments including data collection, interpretation of field data, site investigation planning and co-ordination, assisting with aquifer conceptualisation, client and regulatory liaison and contribution to hydrogeological reports
- Be involved in field programs including drilling and aquifer testing, water sampling, field mapping, bore completion, contractor management and more
- Collaborate with and learn from a team of passionate, experienced geoscientists across a variety of projects
- Support other projects as required, particularly larger geosciences, engineering and environmental studies in a variety of locations with unique technical challenges
- Contribute to the long-term strategy of the Geoscience team
- Work in a wonderful smaller company culture
The ideal candidate(s) should have the following attributes:
- A Bachelor's degree in Hydrogeology, Geology or Geosciences
- A post-graduate degree in Hydrogeology is preferred
- Two to seven years of professional experience in hydrogeology encompassing field work including drilling supervision, hydrogeological logging, hydraulic testing and groundwater sampling; and office work including analysis of groundwater data (including compilation of bore logs, hydrographs and interpretation of aquifer testing), assessment report writing and liaison with clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally to complete field assignments
- Full driving licence
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Positive attitude
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
- 2.5% additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Novated car leasing opportunities
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
- Salary commensurate with experience (70,000-100,000)
KCB is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering, geoscience and environmental services globally to the mining, hydropower, environmental, transportation, geotechnical, oil & gas, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Australia, Canada, USA, UK, Brazil and Peru.
Our Australian operations work on challenging projects in the Mining, Energy and Government Sectors both domestically and internationally. We are a global leader in tailings management, dam designs, multi-disciplinary civil engineering services, geotechnical and foundation engineering, hydrogeology, hydrotechnical, and environmental and reclamation services.
Our Brisbane Geoscience team is highly experienced in hydrogeology and is best measured by its actual experience – projects and years of practice, with over 350 years of collective experience, an average experience of 14 years and ten professionally accredited practitioners within formal professional competency programs. We place very high regard on ongoing professional and technical development, committing to and support of industry technical bodies, and delivery of training and mentoring programs for all staff.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive flexible benefits package designed to suit your individual needs. KCB is an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2021).
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply online with your resume and covering letter.