Senior Marine Structural Engineer
As a Senior Marine Structural Engineer in our Power & Transportation (P&T) group you will have the opportunity to work on marine / ports engineering and civil / structural infrastructure projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in the Vancouver office where many of KCB’s larger infrastructure design projects are undertaken, a principal focus being KCB’s ports and marine engineering business, you will report to a Senior Department Manager and be responsible for developing cost effective, practical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients.
This opportunity is ideal if you have strong technical design skills as well as effective management, communication, and organizational skills to manage projects and teams, and are looking to progress into a senior leadership role. You will have excellent opportunities to grow with the company and become one of the company’s future leaders as we undertake major infrastructure projects.
This senior role will give you the opportunity to:
- provide engineering designs for civil infrastructure projects (ports, harbours and bridges)
- work with diverse teams of discipline managers, engineers, designers, and drafters
- manage projects and be responsible for completion on schedule and financial performance
- act as a technical resource and as a mentor to junior / intermediate staff
- write, compile, and review technical reports and fee proposals to clients
- be a member of site visit teams, gathering information as required to complement design activities
- maintain quality throughout a project and implement improvements when determined
- prepare project summary reports
- encourage growth within the group and improve the general knowledge base throughout the company
- develop and sustain long-lasting business relationships with clients
- travel within Canada and internationally
If you have a Canadian P.Eng. professional registration with eligibility for registration in B.C., and have a minimum of 15 years of broad-based engineering experience including a track record of solid results in port engineering and in other heavy civil / structural projects with similar skills requirements, we want to hear from you.
We value your:
- excellent English verbal and written communication skills, and strong report writing skills
- technical design experience and expertise in marine structural works design; seismic analysis and design; wave climate, mooring and berthing analyses; caisson, piled, and other wharf structures; foundations and earthworks
- proven ability to understand cross-discipline design aspects and interface effectively within large multi-discipline design teams (marine, civil, environmental, geotechnical, structural, electrical and mechanical)
- familiarity with team staff resourcing and construction scheduling for large construction projects
- proven ability to effectively motivate a group of professionals and communicate with staff at all levels
- proven ability to work effectively and build strong relationships with clients
- initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success
- computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products and industry standard tools for technical analyses
Klohn Crippen Berger is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the transportation, ports, infrastructure, mining, hydropower, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. KCB has been one of Canada’s leading engineering consultants for over 70 years. We offer a full range of services from our offices in Canada, Australia, Peru, Brazil, UK, and the US. KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks, competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an attractive benefits package designed to suit your individual needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé and covering letter quoting the job reference number 1743-P22. This position may have opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.