Report an Emergency
Report the emergency first to your manager, supervisor or Project Manager, as applicable. If they cannot be contacted, and the issue occurs after business hours, call the Emergency Hotline at 1-604-669-3800 and leave a message by selecting option 3. The message is recorded and an alert texted to senior managers (currently the Directors of HR, QHSE and IT) for action.
During regular business hours, you will hear about an emergency by either:
- An alarm and/or public announcement
- Communication from KCB managers, supervisors or emergency response personnel (i.e. Emergency Coordinators, Floor Wardens or First Aiders)
- A broadcast e-mail, text message and/or Infodesk news alert posting
Outside regular business hours, you will hear about an emergency, including information about office closures and instructions on reporting to work, by either:
- Broadcast messages at: 1-844-269-3800 (in Canada only)
- Text message to employees on their personal mobile phone
- Email message via KCB’s Outlook webmail at https://mail.klohn.com
- On Infodesk at hub.klohn.com
- On KCB’s website: www.klohn.com/emergency (password: emergency)
- Social media messages on:
- KCB’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KlohnCrippen/
- KCB’s LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/klohn-crippen-berger
In the event an emergency prevents you from travelling and reporting to work, listen for advice from local emergency authorities on TV or radio news channels.