Course: Applied Groundwater Modeling using Visual MODFLOW Flex
Klohn Crippen Berger
Broadway Tech Centre
Suite 105, 2955 Virtual Way
Date: October 2 – 4, 2018
Hours: 8:30am – 5pm PST daily
Cost: $1200 USD
This course introduces participants to the Visual MODFLOW Flex interface, and will provide an understanding of:
- Conceptual and Numerical modeling workflows
- Fundamentals of finite difference flow modeling using MODFLOW
- Principles of efficient model grid design using Visual MODFLOW Flex
- Particle tracking using MODPATH to model the movement of particles through a flow system
- Contaminant transport processes and simulation using MT3DMS
- Basics of building groundwater models with Un-structured grids using MODFLOW-USG
- Visualisation model input and model results in 2 and 3-dimensional views
Who should attend?
This course is ideally suited for hydrogeologists, engineers and environmental scientists with some knowledge of field investigation and hydrogeologic data who wish to understand more about Visual MODFLOW Flex and applied groundwater modeling. Professionals who have limited or no experience with groundwater modeling are more than welcome!
Attendees: please bring laptops or notebooks with the following minimum requirements:
- Operating Systems: Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7 (Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate)
- Processor: 32-bit or 64-bit
- Hard Disk: 500 MB
- RAM: 8GB or higher recommended
What do you get?
- Industry leading training from an expert in modeling and Visual MODFLOW software
- 30-day temporary training license of Visual MODFLOW Flex Premium
- PDF copy of all the course lectures and exercises
- Networking with other environmental and modeling professionals
- 10% discount on Visual MODFLOW Flex licenses for course attendees
- Eligibility for Professional Development Credits – Check HERE for more information
What is Visual MODFLOW Flex?
Visual MODFLOW Flex brings together industry-standard codes for groundwater flow and contaminant transport, essential analysis and calibration tools, and stunning 3D visualization capabilities in a single, easy-to-use software environment.
With this advanced software, groundwater modelers have all the tools required for addressing local to regional-scale water quality and quantity related problems.