KCB takes a risk-based approach and tailors ESIA’s to specific projects and the local context, legal requirements and social conditions where the project is located. KCB works closely with our partner, the Louis Berger Group, and provides over 60 years of engineering, architecture, program and construction management, environmental planning and science, and economic development services. We also work with local partners and retain national and international experts to develop teams that work for every client.
KCB has successfully led and delivered environmental assessments and permitting outcomes across various industries within Canada, Australia, Peru, Guatemala, Papua New Guinea, and Indonesia. Additionally, KCB has contributed to hundreds of other environmental assessments and permit applications through our engineering and environmental science services. We are very familiar with the requirements of the IFC Performance Standards and ICMM member commitments.
- Baseline studies to characterize the existing environment (both social and physical)
- Stakeholder mapping and consultation
- Assessment of risks and opportunities
- Development of mitigation measures (using the mitigation hierarchy) and Environmental and Social Management Plans
- Fish habitat compensation and wildlife management plans
- Environmental effects monitoring program design and implementation
- Environmental Assessment certificates
- Permitting, e.g., water permits, discharge permits, exploration environmental permits